which is not one of the three basic types of rocks?
Welcome to our website negarinfo ! The topic of this post is about the “which is not one of the three basic types of rocks?” .
Thanks for being with us. 🌺
Which of the following is not one of the three categories of major rock types?
ANSWER: a. Silicate
The rock-forming mineral essential for forming the earth’s crust, such as mineral quartz, is called silicate. The mica, feldspar, pyroxene, olivine, and quartz are categorized as various types of silicate minerals.
more posts if you are interested:
- the more you take the more you leave behind. what am i?
- hampton bay ceiling fan warranty registration online
- what is the strongest type of intermolecular force present in nh2ch3?
- which of the following molecules contains an atom with an expanded octet?
- how to beat a narcissist at his own game
- watch the pennies and the dollars will take care of themselves
Three Types of Rock
There are three kinds of rock: igneous, sedimentary, and metamorphic.
Igneous rocks form when molten rock (magma or lava) cools and solidifies. Sedimentary rocks originate when particles settle out of water or air, or by precipitation of minerals from water. They accumulate in layers. Metamorphic rocks result when existing rocks are changed by heat, pressure, or reactive fluids, such as hot, mineral-laden water. Most rocks are made of minerals containing silicon and oxygen, the most abundant elements in the Earth’s crust.