Hi everyone! On negarinfo and in this post we are going to talk about “which is most likely a covalent compound? lif mgs nh3 cacl2”
Thank you for choosing and reading our website. stay with us to the end and find the answer.
Which is most likely a covalent compound?
- thank you for taking time out of your busy schedule
- what is the slope of the line whose equation is 5y 6x – 2 = 0?
- if you travel away from a midocean ridge you will find
- which of the following colonial associations is incorrect?
Remember, covalent compounds are compounds with bonds between two non-metals. Ionic bonds are those between a metal and a non-metal.
a. Li is found on the left side while F is found on the right. A bond between a metal and a non-metal. This is an ionic bond.
b. Mg is found on the left side while S is found on the right. A bond between a metal and a non-metal. This is an ionic bond.
c. This is a tricky one. ammonia, or NH3, is covalent. You just have to remember this one. It has no net charge, unlike its brother NH4 (which has a 1+ charge put is still covalently bonded). Hydrogen has weird properties!
d. Ca is found of the left side while Cl is found on the right. A bond between a metal and a non-metal. This is an ionic bond. Also consider the charges! Ca has a charge of 2+ but Cl only has a charge of 1-. This is why there are 2 Cloride atoms.
- which mountain belt lies to the north of india?
- equilibrium potential vs membrane potential
- when firing a handgun how far should you hold it from your body?
- meter is an organizing principle shared by music and poetry
- as henry leaves the dead man in the thicket what does he do?
- what is the best estimate for the product of 289 and 7