Hi there! Do you know “where does mikhail gorbachev live” ? If not, we are going to answer it on negarinfo .
Be with us to the end 🌻
Where does Gorbachev live now?
Mikhail Gorbachev lives in a state-owned residence at the Moscow suburban village Kaltchuga, where his family used to live since 1978 and which he was allowed keeping after his resignation.
Personal life of Mikhail Gorbachev
Personal life of Mikhail Gorbachev was as “one-episode” as his political career… From his future wife he met in his student years, at the House
of Culture at a dance. The girl bewitched the future Soviet leader with her modesty and inner attractiveness, so he decided to marry his chosen
one by all means. To earn money for a wedding, a student at Moscow State University was actively working part-time at the Stavropol collective
farm, and already in 1953 he was able to gather up for a modest celebration on the occasion of the wedding.
- raphael adolini 1715
- strong emotions have no effect on your bodily functions
- which condition is also known as diabetic ketoacidosis?
- what problem made china reluctant to improve relations with the united states
- how many raccoons are there in the world
The Gorbachevs lived a long and happy life, but in 1999 Mikhail Sergeevich was widowed – his wife Raisa Gorbacheva died of leukemia, which was a huge blow to the former president of the USSR. The first lady of the USSR gave her husband her only daughter, Irina, who today lives in Moscow. Irina has two adult children today, Gorbachev’s granddaughters are already married.
In 2015, it became known that Mikhail Gorbachev’s health also began to decline. He suffers from a severe form of diabetes, his condition cannot be called stable, since very often a politician has crises, as a result of which he has to be urgently hospitalized in a clinic to stabilize his general health.
At the same time, he actively continues to conduct his creative activity releasing new scientific work and publishing memoirs. In 2014, Mikhail Gorbachev’s new book “Life after the Kremlin” was published, and before it he published a book of memories of the love of his life – “Alone with himself.”
Mikhail Gorbachev now
In 2016, the politician was responsible for the collapse of the Soviet Union. This happened at a meeting with students at the Moscow School of Economics, Moscow State University.
In September 2017, Mikhail Gorbachev presented a new autobiographical book “I Remain an Optimist”, which, along with stories from the biography of the politician, sounded harsh criticism of modern Russia, the political and social situation in the country.
- 1988 – prize The International Organization “A world without war”
- 1988 – Peace Prize named after
- 1989 – Commemorative medal “Personality of the Year” of the International Jury “Personality of the Year”
- 1989 – Golden Dove for Peace Prize for contributions to peace and disarmament
- 1990 – Nobel Peace Prize in recognition of the leading role in the peace process, which characterizes an important part of the life of the international community
- 1990 – Peace Prize named for his contribution to the struggle for peace and understanding between peoples
- 1990 – honorary title”Humanist of the Century” and the Albert Schweitzer Medal of Honor
- 1990 – Fiuggi International Prize as a person whose work in the political and social fields can serve as an exceptional example of the struggle for the promotion of human rights
- 1991 – International Peace Prize “For a World without Violence” for an outstanding role in the fight for world peace and human rights
- 1992 – Benjamin M. Cardoso Prize for Democracy
- 1993 – Sir Prize in recognition of contributions to peace in the Middle East
- 1997 – prize
- 1998 – National Freedom Award for the Fight Against Oppression
- 2005 – Patriarch Athenagoras Human Rights Prize
- 2010 – Dresden Nuclear Disarmament Prize