Hello dear readers! In this post on negarinfo we are going to talk about “vegetables to avoid during pregnancy”
So stay with us to the end, thanks for choosing our website.
Some vegetables to avoid while pregnant
There are also a few types of vegetables that pregnant women should avoid. All of these items carry the risk of exposure to bacteria that can harm your baby:
✘ Raw sprouts, including mung bean, clover and alfalfa
✘ Any unwashed produce
✘ Raw radishes
✘ Prepackaged salad mixes
✘ Salad bar items
Sprouts and radishes are safe to consume if cooked. Also, swap out canned vegetables for fresh produce, as fresh vegetables and fruits are more nutritionally complete.
- which of the following is unlikely to affect bone remodeling?
- which of the following molecules contains an atom with an expanded octet?
- which statement explains the principle of federalism?
- what would be an example of an everyday respiratory event the erv simulates?
- this is the senate’s control over the supreme court
- why did american soldiers begin to question u.s. involvement in the war?
Greens and sprouts are generally great foods to add to the diet as they contain large amounts of fiber and nutrients. However, some greens or sprouts may contain bacteria, such as Salmonella or E. coli, which can cause infection.
A study in the Clinical Microbiology and Infection notes that bacterial infections of the blood, of which E. coli infections are among the most common types, are potentially fatal during pregnancy. It is essential to avoid E. coli while pregnant.
The CDCTrusted Source note that E. coli infections are hard to pin down because they can derive from many different sources.
An E. coli infection can cause a variety of problems, including food poisoning, urinary tract infections, and respiratory illness.
About 20 percent of E. coli infections are due to contaminated foods, which may include greens and sprouts.
Avoid raw or undercooked sprouts, such as:
- mung beans
Always use fresh, new sprouts and cook them thoroughly before eating them.
Best vegetables for pregnant mothers
Some of the best vegetables to eat during pregnancy include:
✔ Summer and winter squash — excellent sources of protein, fiber, folate and Vitamins A, C and K
✔ Asparagus — contains Vitamins A, C, E and K, as well as fiber and folate
✔ Tomatoes — a source of Vitamin C and K, and biotin
✔ Beets — a natural source of fiber that is also good for immune system support
✔ Yams or sweet potatoes — great sources of Vitamins A, B, and C
✔ Bell peppers — an excellent fiber source
✔ Parsley — a natural source of Vitamin E, protein and riboflavin
✔ Broccoli — a good source for fiber, as well as folate and Vitamins C and K
✔ Leafy greens like chard, spinach, mustard or collard greens, lettuce or kale — an excellent source of fiber, folate and carotenoids
✔ Escarole or endive
✔ Green peas — high in fiber and Vitamins C and K
- what is the newest country in the southeast asian region?
- what to substitute for white wine vinegar
- which of the following best defines props in drama?
- which carnival ride did english inventor frederick savage develop?
- what animal name came from ancient greek and means “river horse”?
- in animals that lack a circulatory system how are materials transported