Hi everyone! On negarinfo and in this post we are going to talk about “the main source of funding for your school probably comes from”
Thank you for choosing and reading our website. stay with us to the end and find the answer.
Which of the following is probably the main source of funding or your school
A-local property taxes
B- federal income taxes
C- payroll taxes
D- state sales taxes
The correct answer is A) local property taxes.
The main source of funding my school probably is local property taxes.
Local property taxes are used to give many benefits to United States citizens. This kind of taxes must be paid every year by all the people who own a home or a business. The money that is raised when collecting property taxes usually stays in the community for the benefit of the people. The money collected goes to road construction, maintenance of roads, firefighters and police salaries, as well as funding local public schools.
An Overview of the Funding of Public Schools
Where does the Money Come From?
More about Federal School Funding
- Title I – A program specifically geared to students from low-income families and areas, which provides money to local districts to improve academic performance of those students.
- English Language Acquisition – Offers money to schools with students that do not speak English as a first language, to help them learn English and improve proficiency on statewide examinations.
- Reading First – Provides federal money to help schools implement robust reading programs that utilize scientific-based research to support their success.
- Individuals with Disabilities Education Act – Allots money to schools to help students with disabilities get a quality education in the public school system, by providing them with the resources they need to succeed.
- Improving Teacher Quality Grants – Offers money for teacher training and development programs within local schools and districts.